Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Peacock Swap

So hopefully for those who have been reading my blog so far, I have been mentioning doing craft swaps. If you want an explanation read my other posts! Well I did a swap with the theme Peacocks and I had a bit of fun with it.  Here I will show you!

  So I made this tote bag out of the fabric I bought with my gingerbread house money ( thank you craftster) I had bought a whole wack of solid cottons and I just did applique.  My hubby points out to me that only male peacocks are blue, so then " why is it dressed like a woman?" I responded with "He is a cross-dresser and this is how he expresses himself.- get over it." tee hee
 So I bought a leather notebook and painted some peacock feathers on it.
 So this is the bit that took me FOREVER.. So I had seen these lovely Steampunk necklaces that were made with a combo of sculpey and little bits and pieces. I thought that would be wicked cool! However, the pieces I found just kept getting bigger and bigger until the necklace was starting to look like a really huge piece ( For some reason I thought Cher might wear this..I don't know..)

Anyways, So I found a lot of clock gears and bolts and jewellery bits and organized them in a way I thought looked most like a peacock.. It took more time than I would have liked and I think it makes more sense as a wall hanging, however it literally was the first piece of jewellry I had made..

No comments:

Post a Comment