Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chalkboard table and candied chairs!


My previous post I put up pictures of my hutch that I painted. So here I will now show you my Table and Chairs.  As you can see from the above photo, I painted the table in chalkboard paint! It was a lot of humming and hawing trying to decide what to with the table top, we wanted something we could use, have fun with and enjoy.  So, we did it although we did have some issues picking the right roller ( if you do this don't use a foam roller, only fabric really works well.)
So this is what table looked like before we refinished it.

and This is is afterwards.  We also bought cheap place mats and tablecloths so that we could cover up the table if we needed to be a bit more adult. 
Here is a picture of what the chairs started out as. We took off the seat, painted and reupholstered.  The seat cushion took us forever to pick the fabric because we wanted it to be a nice pattern, the right colour and kind of a thick fabric. We could not find that, so we improvised. We found a light weight fabric that was the right colour and design, then we covered it in clear vinyl. The whole look together looks like candied furniture. How perfect for us!









1 comment: