Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Global Ornament...

What a Steampunk Globe! See here, now this is a revisionist version of the world map... I seem to have forgotten Iceland, and there may be a couple of extra islands in and around Japan.  Woops?  I was trying to make a globe similar to this one from an amazing website called "Plasticland". However I lacked several key components - such as an accurate map. It's harder than you think to draw a globe from a flat version of the world!  I had fun with it though. I used a stryofoam ball and then covered it with my new favourite crafting supply - "apoxiesculpt". It's a two part molding epoxy that you can shape into any form you want, takes 3 hours to set ( that's loads of working time..) and it will harden crazy hard in 24 hours, it is then waterproof! It takes paint really well too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment