Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Great Balls of Foam make Super Colourful Ornaments!

So my previous post I did a tutorial to make these same balls out of paper.  Well.. I went looking about my house for colourful paper and I did not have ANY! I did, however, have scads of this foam you can buy from the dollar store.  To do all five of these balls, I used 6 sheets of foam. So lemme make that clear $1.00 = 12 sheets so that will get you 10 balls. Pretty sweet deal.

Lemme save you some heartache. Dont put foam through a printer. The Printer will hiss at you, and make this awful chug, chug, cough, sputter that you think is the death of your printer. As luck would have it, I didn't kill my printer, but neither did it want to print on my foam. I must admit it was a bit of a long shot in the first place. Seeing as that didn't work, I ended up tracing the pattern onto the foam which worked just fine!

I cut out 6 different sheets of colour and I got 11 shapes out of each piece of foam.


I then made a loop out of foam as well and hot glued that on. And voila a myriad of several colours of flowerballs made from Foam! On Another note: The foam was actually very easy to work with, much easier than paper and had a higher tolerance for bending without creasing... Plus you can throw them at people and it doesn't hurt, or give paper cuts!


 
On the tree they are such a vivid pop of colour, I also think they would make a great mobile if done in several different sizes for a kids room.

1 comment:

  1. nice work our kids are now busssy whit it ,rene ,Roosendaal the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete