Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A princess dress for a Mexican Wedding!



Recently my Friend Leslie was the flower girl in a jet-setting wedding to Mexico.  As the flower girl, she needed to "sort of" match the wedding party which were wearing these very pretty, diagonal ruffle dresses, with a black belt and strapless tops.  As she is a beautiful curvy woman, she felt that the length and the strapless top might be a problem for her, so she approached me about making a dress for her.  As I am not the best seamstress in the world ( I do my best, but gosh darn it, I am just not..) I didn't want to risk cutting my own pattern, so I went with a simple pattern from simplicity and modified it. The cool part about the ruffles was that you can just buy fabric already ruffled so it was really easy that way. Basically I made the dress as it was in the pattern then I added the ruffle bit on top gathered at the waist. Then I added the belt which is the white fabric covered in black lace. I did the same with straps which I made wider as to give a bit more of a cute look. My friend had a great time at the wedding ( SO jealous of a trip to Mexico during our first snow fall..) She said she felt like a princess and I am so glad. The very best part about the whole thing is her and I worked out a trade for the dress - She got a great dress and I got a mattress set that is so comfortable and awesome. I think trading is an awesome way to do business!

4 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous and happy! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say Thank you for making the dress for Leslie. I was the bride at the mentioned Mexico wedding :) She matched spectacularly with the bridesmaids. The dress was beautiful and fit her fabulously. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that! Thanks so much for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete