Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Put a bird on it - with buttons...

  This Christmas, I had a hard time finding something I thought my mom would like. I looked in a lot of stores, and most of the time, I kept thinking to myself, "she has everything! What do I give her?" So I decided ( as I have many years... ) that I would make something for her. I had seen some versions of something similar to this in bright colours, but I just didn't think that suited my mom.  I found a picture of a bird, and took the outline, lightly traced it onto a sheet of watercolour paper with carbon paper.  I then went through ALL of my buttons. I got a lot of these buttons from a fabric sale that the Stratford Shakespeare Festival had.  Most of these buttons are extremely tiny and white and a lot of them were the spare button that shirts come with in a little baggie. Quite a few of them are pearl and different shades of pale pink, blue white and clear.  I then glued each button inside the outline and voila! a cute little "Button Birdie". It's simplicity makes me kind of happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment