Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snow Globe home for a wee lil' owl

This is a fun recycled stuff project! I got everything I needed for this from the Sally Ann, except for the cork board! I probably spent 2 dollars on this.

 I got this neat glass bulb dome normally used for ceiling lamps, a bunch of ornaments, and a small piece of cork
 I traced a circle in the cork board, then cut it out with an exacto blade, I kept checking to make sure that it fit, I had to shave a couple pieces off here and there.
 I then began assembling my vintage ornaments in a happy fashion, then glued and stuck them into the cork.  I consistently check before gluing to make sure that I would be able to put the glass ball over the arrangement, other wise I wouldn't be able to get it into the space.
 I then added Cotton Balls as my snow. Super cheap, and oh so effective.
Once I got everything the way I wanted it on the cork board I stuck it in, and glued it down. Make sure your ball is clean before you do this though, cause you aren't getting back in there. 
 I wanted a little star on the back out of shiny, tiny beads so I put double sided tape on the outside of the ball, drew a pattern on it, then cut into it with an exacto blade.  I peeled off the rest of the double sided tape and got a wicked shape that I then sprinkled with sparkles!

Here is the finished Dude! Isn't he adorable in his little star sparkled dome!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, saw it on Craftster at xmas (I'm Mink_Bikini there)

    ReplyDelete