Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Embroidered me some bones... yes I did.


I know, I know Halloween was some time ago, but  for my most recent hoopla swap, my partner was a forensic anthropologist and she likes bones. So I stitched her some! I personally have an attachment to hand bones, as I wouldn't have a career if I wasn't able to do what I can with my hands.

I wanted to try a slightly more realistic approach than I usually do with embroidery. I used different shades of thread to show shadows and highlights. I was really pleased with how this came out. I hope that she liked it!

You could also just give this embroidery a high five if you wanted.. wait that's kind of weird... oh well!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure she LOVED it. This is amazing. I would have guessed you drew this with colored pencils, not stitched!! Such a great work.

    ReplyDelete