Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Frank the Foxy Fella- Embroidered and Framed

I found these two tiny fantastic frames at a thrift store and I hummed and hawed about what I would fill them with! I settled on putting two animal "portraits" inside them and began looking at several animals and I finally decided on two fox faces. 


I had a fantastic nature book just on foxes so I drew out two images of foxes and as I was drawing them I decided they were the same fox and that his name was Frank. I then began stitching away. I am in a phase where I am trying out more "realistic" stitching and even though this is fairly stylized, I was trying to use some more subtle colour choices to add shading and highlights.



These will be my first finished item ( not custom) that I am selling on my Etsy site, so if you are interested they are for sale.   I can make you one kind of similar because I just SOLD both of these guys...


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Barbara here, not anonymous nor a robot ha...
    Came over to your blog via the quiller koi on craftster but blown away by the breadth of your skills. Those halloween costumes are great...
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete