Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Patronus and Dementor Silhouette Embroidery

 Allrighty, it's time again for some geek craft.  This embroidery was made for somebody in a swap that also has a penchant for good ole harry. I found the image on her pinterest which originated from 9gag.com.
 I used a technique I have never done before on this which is I ripped up tiny pieces of black and a greyish/green fabric so that they were tiny rags with frayed edges. Then I twisted and bunched them, stitching them on to get the dementor's cloak looking very torn. As you can see from the picture below it made a fascinating raised texture on the embroidery.

 I had a lot of fun stitching this and now, I think I might just say - Expecto patronum!

7 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Love the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! This is so cool!!! I love it. I love Harry Potter crafts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-A-Amazing! I saw this on Mr. X Stitch this morning and followed the trail to you blog so that I could tell you how much I LOVE this piece. Brilliant the way you've done the Dementor's robes! I love everything about it, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a really love your work ! It's absolutely beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really awesome, do you know if there is a pattern out there for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting! so conform idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, I am stunned. You did an amazing job and it was executed brilliantly. 50 points to Gryffindor!

    ReplyDelete