Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

R for Red Quilled Monogram!

Here is my latest Quilled monogram. I had never done this with Reds before and did I ever enjoy it! It's very cool what happens with this type of quilling when you put different colours together, the shadows get so interesting! The Warm tones I used in this were quite exploratory, I fiddled with them until they  had a good flow.  I also tried a couple of different accent colours to see which one would fit best. I settled on Puce green and goldenrod yellow - they seemed to work best!




Different light and different angles really changes how you view these! Also because this Monogram was about her Family's last name, I tried to reflect that a bit in the design.  In the R there is a heart surrounded by many swirls, see if you can find it!




No comments:

Post a Comment