Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day of the Dead Embroidery and Batik


 Say Hello to my little day of the dead lady.  I made this for a swap, my partner liked Day of the dead faces as do I, but I wanted to do a little experiment as well.  I have used this technique before do my banner for the blog, which is a faux batik with acrylic paints and glue.  I really wanted to try it more with embroidery and this is what I came up with. 

I had a lot of fun making this lady and I think I will try out this technique a couple more times, I just think it adds a really interesting dimension to the embroidery which otherwise wouldn't be there.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle - I surfed across this woman's site today, and thought you might dig it: http://www.doriemillerson.com I am loving all your amazing work!! xo's

    ReplyDelete