Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quiller Sea horse

 As I have mentioned in my last post I have been very busy lately, but I had an etsy shopper request a custom item which was a seahorse for a new child coming into their family.  I love doing quilling that has meaning and as a bonus it was a watery image which I love to quill.  I couldn't resist and I happily obliged her. She really liked my quilled octopus in style so I tried to do something similar.
 I guess the hardest part on this one was the general shape of the seahorse with the crimped edge it took a great deal of time to make it look exactly like the shape I had originally drawn.
 I love blues and yellows together. On it's own this yellow paper looks more like a cream tone but against the blues it just pops with a yellow hue. 

These are what the paper looks like before I twirl, swirl and shape it... This was a lot of fun to build, as I said before water is fun to quill. I will also be selling this as a custom build on my etsy shop, I just haven't set that up yet!




2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I never seen Water horse made using quelling.

    I m a new follower of your blog .Keep your art coming.

    Check my blog i m into artificial flower making.
    butterfly-handicraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just checked out your site and you do make beautiful flowers and take wonderful photos as well!

    ReplyDelete