Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Geometric Fiesta Monogram

I have loved making all my swirly monograms but I am feeling a little less curvy and more geometric lately, so I wanted to do a monogram that was more in line with that and a bit different but still fun.  I was inspired by Mexican  Woven Blankets with all of the gorgeous colours and shapes and decided to use that to create a geometric fiesta monogram!


 It was actually really interesting to try and repeat patterns, which can be difficult sometimes..I viewed it more like a flowing repetition than an exact replica of pattern, because I would go crazy that way.
  This is for sale on my etsy site as well. If you like this style but have no use for the Letter B hanging on your wall, I can do any letter of the Alphabet or any shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment