Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

My very own Raspberries!

For most people who actually know how to garden this is probably not a big deal, but for the first time ever I picked raspberries from the backyard in my new house! It was totally awesome! I also discovered that my dog will eat them right off the bush. I have no idea if that is good for him or not. (eek?) however, I have quite a huge swath of raspberries. It's very exciting. Silly but exciting. Here is a photo of my first pickings... Since this photo I have picked about 3 pints off the bush.

I have already made a raspberry crumble with them and it is so easy I don't even measure any more, I just kind of throw it all together hoping for the best! Toss about 1 cup of oats, 1/4 flour, 1/8 cup of margarine or softened butter, a bit of nutmeg and a lot ( teaspoon or two) of cinnamon, about 2 tbs of brown sugar. Mix that together, put it on top of your raspberries and toss it in the oven at about 350 until it's crispy on the top ( about 40 minutes)  and voila! What a treat!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I absolutely adore the photo of the "I am silently correcting your grammer" . I found it on Pinterest and wanted to ask if you have given permission for it to be circulating around that social site? I just read an article by a blogger who rightfully reminds us that we should ask permission to repost images and so I write to you. Is it okay by you that I have your photo on my Pinterest board? (Is it yours? If not, where did you get it so I might ask permission?) Regards, Christine London londonchristine "at" hotmail "dot" c o m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, christine
      Well, i did not make that hoop it was made by craftster user Homerof2. I posted the picture after i recieved it in a craft swap. She would be the person to ask. I can ask her if she is comfortable with that and let you know.

      Delete