Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Stu- Stu- Studio...

So I have posted a lot of my renovation so far and my studio has been a place where I have tried to furnish and find things to make the room functional. A lot of what I have in my space is Garage sale finds, or goodwill / restore mashups or things that I treasure!

 Here is my sewing desk that I found at a garage sale. It has a sewing machine that is turquoise and cream from the 60's when you swing it up.  I reupholstered the seat that came with the desk with fabric that I found that is really from the 60's.  Believe it or not, the desk was already magenta, so clearly I wasn't going to pass that up at a garage sale... On the wall is my hoopla collection, all of which I have received from swaps that I have participated in. ( You can also see my kitty walking through this photo...)
     The Drawers and the table are kind of fun. The drawers we found at a flea market and they are actually two sides of a vanity that have been taken off of the vanity and then stacked on top of one another, then painted.  They are great storage for art shtuff.

     The Desk is a short, skinny door ( 24 inches wide) that I got from the restore. I bought legs from RONA to go with it and I really like it. I wanted something long enough that I could work on more than one project at the same time on it and be able to shove stuff underneath it. The other great thing is the hole for the door handle. I got a little desk grommet to go in there that provides a great spot to put cords through for my glue gun or and laptop.
 This chair I found at the SallyAnn for 7 buckaroos!  I reupholstered it with a geometric fabric that I have had for ages and haven't quite had the right project for.  I am pleased that I could use it on this chair.  The wooden stool in the foreground was what I was working on before this chair and just this Wednesday after 4 hours of working on that very uncomfortable wooden stool I just went out to all of the Second hand Stores in the area until I found this great chair. Two hours later and some demolition and reupholstery, I had a nice cushy seat to work on.
 There is more to my studio than just this one corner, I swear, it's just, well, not organized enough to be worth a photo! When I have organized it I shall share it with ya.
And just in case you forgot, this is what my Studio looked like before we moved in!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! That sewing desk is very cute and having a long desk for multiple projects is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete