Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Zombie movie inspired embroidery

For a recent craftster swap, I made this piece of embroidery for someone who is a big fan of Simon Peg and Nick Frost movies. I did a lot of research over popcorn, discovering once again how funny these two are. After watching Hot fuzz and Shaun of the Dead I came up with one design, and executed it. Then I hated it and started over.. The second design I stuck with though!

 I chose to do it in a cross hatch style, although I wasn't totally satisfied with around the eyes as they look a bit racoonish,  I had a lot of fun of with this though.
 In the movie several people tell Shaun "You've got some red on you" in reference to at first a red pen that has leaked on his white shirt and then later when he is covered in Zombie Blood. This movie is so funny...
I also took a long time picking my font ( as always...) This one is called Neoretrodraw and is a free font. Hope you like it! I know my partner did which makes me super happy!


1 comment:

  1. This is so freaking awesome!! I love everything about it but the way you did the hair is especially awesome.

    ReplyDelete