Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I like to play with chevrons and pretty colours.

 Another bit of inspiration: Play.  Sometimes it's just the best feeling ever to be silly and just play.  That's why I love my dog so much cause no matter what I am feeling, he is always happy and absolutely always wants to play. Once he sees he has your attention, it's time to get the ball, and it is time to play fetch, or tug-o-war or watch me sit on the ball...
 Some of this was a bit of experiment for me, I was trying out some more drastic colour palettes and I used my new favourite fill technique that I like to call "random squidgees". I have rarely used black in any of my pieces, but I thought it suited this well and it had a kind of juvenile feel with the rest of the colour tones combined.  The chevron pattern has been something I have tried to work into a piece for awhile and I felt it really suited this phrase, especially because I was certainly not trying to be scientific about my pattern, it's a bit, well, playful...
My favourite colour in this pattern is the puce.. it just makes me happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment