Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Quilling in the Soil : Earth

As part of my Four elements series I now present you with: Earth.  I had a lot of fun with this one and did a lot of research on soil sediment for my inspiration.

  I used my newest favourite technique to fill in the soil. It's basically trying to randomly crumble the paper in order to get a really irregular shape that can then be squished into place. It actually takes a lot longer than one would think to do!
 I put little roots growing from all of the plants and flowers, rocks all throughout the soil and a fossilized fish structure deep in the earth.

This is for sale on my etsy site if you are interested and I will soon have more in the series finished to share with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I love the detail in this one compared to 'fire'. The fossil made my morning :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing! Great work. Nothing like my grandmother's quilling! ha ha

    ReplyDelete