Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quilling on Fire


So I have been focusing really hard on some new ideas I have been pursueing... I am in the middle of doing a series of earth, air, wind and fire and this is the first one I have completed.


 I used a new technique to fill in so that I could create the flames. I essentially randomly creased and bent the paper to create the technique you can see here.  Then I used 4 different paper tones to create the flames.


This is for sale on my etsy site, if you are interested. I will have more of the series to show you soon, as I am working on earth and water right now!


 It also kind of reminds me of the Hunger Games for some reason... the whole girl on fire thing... (woops, I let the geek out again...)




No comments:

Post a Comment