Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Trees that find root : Quiller Trees!

 Well, I was feeling inspired by photos from our summer trip to falcon Lake. Paul and I were out on the canoe, and we saw this island covered in trees, that was really just rocks.  Somehow the trees had taken root and were surviving even though they were barely holding on by the tiny crevices in the rocks.  There was evidence that quite a few had already fallen over, but the image really stuck with me, so I created this piece.
 I used my scrunching technique which I am learning works really well for organic shapes. Hope you like it!


4 comments:

  1. I love how your "scrunching" technique really makes the paper look organic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely it's looks are!

    http://theepz-madcrafts.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! You achieved such a beautiful texture.

    ReplyDelete