Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Quilling for Mother's day..

Yeah, Yeah, I know it's a little late for Mother's day, but I created this piece as a gift for a client's mother and I didn't want to give away what it looked like until after I knew she had received her gift.  I based some of this piece on some 1920's floral patterns I had from an old book that I have had for a long time. I happened to be looking through the book when this order came up, so this is what I created. 
I chose a nice soft pastel colour palette as I thought it would look nice for this spring weather and her mother had minty green walls so I thought pastel tones would go nicely with that.



5 comments:

  1. Its so pretty...Love ur quilling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Did you design the whole thing yourself or did your client have input during the process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie,

      Thank you, We had several conversations about what she wanted the final piece to look like, but mostly I had a lot of freedom in the design to create a "floral" design featuring the word mother. She gave me a couple of colours to work with and the rest I came up with on my own.

      Delete
  3. michelle, i think no one can express love towards mother in such a way. it so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Michelle. You are crazy talented girl!! Love this:-)

    ReplyDelete