Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Quiller Ukulele


I have been working a new series surrounding music and how it connects with me emotionally and I would be remiss if I didn't include a ukulele. I started playing the uke three years ago, when my hubby gave it to me for Valentine's day.  It is an intensely joyful instrument and it lends itself to creating wonderfully tinny chords against my singing.  I took the Ukulele with me to El Salvador, and the kids loved it. So every time I play it now, I am reminded of them as well.
 This piece will be feature in an Art Show with Gallery 96 "For the love of Paper" at Factory 163, in Stratford, ON from Sept 21-29th.


No comments:

Post a Comment