Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Experiment with Abstract Quilling

 I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out when I started it, but I wanted to try out some experimental ideas that I had been playing with in colour and shape.  I find that when I am stressed out, I tend to doodle a pattern similar to this one, so I thought I would funnel my frustrations into a piece. 
 I am happy with the way it turned out, It's feels vibrant, colourful and playful which is great for me as it was taking feelings of frustration and turning them into something positive.  Also  I found a great frame for my pieces with a beautiful recess in behind the glass.

5 comments:

  1. wonderful! I like graphical quilling too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful abstract....
    lovely one

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful abstract.....btw are the background color done with color pencils or crayons or water colors?

    ReplyDelete