Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. You can find intense embroidery, paper quilling mania, crazy gingerbread houses, masks, puppets, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Love is" a Textatic Quilling piece

 This piece started as commission, I was asked to create a piece surrounding the words "Love is". I got a good idea and I went with it, but I realized a half day into it, that it really didn't represent what my client wanted.  So I stopped working on this and began working on something else for her, however I then went back and finished this.  I sold this piece at an Auction to raise funds for a program that I have talked about before on my blog, The Es Artes Project in Suchitoto, El Salvador.  I went down to El Salvador for 6 and a half weeks to teach kids at an Art school down there. It was a life changing experience for me, so I thought this piece fit very nicely with the fundraiser.

 I created this piece by starting with a watercolour of a rose, I then used similar coloured paper over top of the image to create the "almost invisible" effect of the lettering.  I really like this style and would love to do more pieces like it. Even if it did take a realllly long time!


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful concept on its own, and adding in that element with the rose and matching the colors of the quilling to the background is insanely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete