Sweet, sweet curiosity.

This blog is all about things I have made. I happen to be on a paper quilling kick right now, but you can find intense embroidery, crazy gingerbread houses, steampunk clothes, ornaments, wackiness and sculptures on this site. So have fun and check it out!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Quiller Sacred Feather

 This piece was such a joy to create.  The family that ordered this has a wonderful tradition of getting a family gift for every year created by an artisan, I was honoured that this year they chose me to create something for them.
 The Feather is a red hawk tail feather which is Sacred to the First Nations. I spent a good deal of time looking at many feathers and learning about the hawks before creating this piece, which is something that I truly enjoy about creating custom pieces.
 I loved making this feather so much that I have plans to try different feathers from a variety of birds in the future... Any suggestions of birds with a beautiful plumage that would be fun to quill?

1 comment:

  1. wow....your work is amazing, inspiring, unique

    can't say enough about it
    thanks for putting it out there for us to see

    ReplyDelete